The purpose of this role is to project manage targeted areas of the business for improved profitability, efficiency, leadership and compliance. This role will both oversee projects and/or actively participate in them. This role will be involved in projects with varying degrees of planning, organizing, directing the implementation, documenting, ensuring on-time completion and adherence. This role will have one part-time direct report, the Fulfillment Associate.
The types of projects involved in are listed below:
Purpose – Ensure our internal and external fulfillment operation is successful, profitable and efficient. Success will include:
- Successfully manage the Fulfillment Associate
- Manage the internal mailings operation and schedule to make sure projects are sent on time
- Create, implement, communicate and monitor fulfillment procedures with all pertinent Magellan Promotions staff
- Audit internal and external mailing projects against our pricing matrix to ensure profit goals are being met and recommend necessary pricing adjustments
- Manage improvements and coordination with external fulfillment partners
- Become our internal expert on best ways to mail packages and ship via USPS and UPS
Purpose – Optimized technology is key to our success. Activities to accomplish this will include:
- Coordinate with our outsourced IT provider to ensure proper service and coordination
- Manage the process, documentation and schedule of new and replacement hardware
- Manage licensed and owned software, creating processes for adding new software and implementation of best practices for each product
- Create and manage a plan for adherence to data and password management
- Point of contact for phone and internet issues and contracts
- Prep tech for new team members
- Ensure we are compliant with necessary technology requirements
Account Team Initiatives Support
Purpose – Provide project management leadership on account team initiatives that either improve the client experience and/or our internal processes. Potential types of projects will include:
- Product research – Lead research and implementation of decisions on strategic product categories.
- Innovation – Head project management of solving strategic production challenges, improvements to web stores, optimizing our internal processes and use of our CRM for maximum efficiency.
Production Partner Compliance
Purpose – Internal and external compliance is paramount. This role will help us achieve this through:
- Lead internal processes to ensure we are compliant with all product safety laws.
- Manage production partner compliance to a code of conduct.
Sales and Marketing Project Leadership
Purpose – Lead the scheduling of marketing and sales projects to ensure on-time completion and success. Types of projects will include:
- Scheduling and project management of marketing mailings
- Lead the process on large bids
- Trade show and event coordination
Additional responsibilities and types of projects may be added as the company sees fit.
Professional development opportunities will include attending conferences, webinars and information sessions.
To increase company engagement, all team members are highly encouraged to participate on our culture teams.
This position will be located in the Milwaukee area but may work remotely on a consistent basis. The role reports to the Captain of Magellan Promotions.
Over the course of the first 30 days, this role will be exposed to all parts of the business to start to get an understanding of what is important to the business and how we operate. In the first 90 days, this role will begin the process of taking the lead projects and learn how our processes work. After the initial 90 day training, additional projects will be added on as workload allows.
Qualifications and Attributes
A successful hire will have a history that includes:
- 4+ years of successful related project management experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience working with cross-functional departments
The hired candidate will likely include these characteristics:
- Detail oriented
- Strong written communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Experience in a production setting, such as print, is preferred
- Continuous learner
- Works well with others
Compensation & Benefits
Magellan Promotions offers a competitive salary based on experience.
The benefits at Magellan Promotions are set up with the employee in mind. We have a casual dress code, summer hours, paid volunteering time, flexible work hours and expectation of normal business hours (usually around 40 hours a week). We offer generous paid time off and do not expect staff to check email when they are on vacation. In addition, we offer health care (including dental and vision), paid parental leave, matching retirement plan, gym membership reimbursement, daycare subsidy, untimed bonuses, numerous paid holidays and more. Staff is the lifeblood of the organization and we are constantly tweaking and improving our benefit offerings to improve the employee experience.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading “Project Manager – MP”. We look forward to hearing your interest in joining our team!