Magellan Promotions is adding a graphic designer to our staff, to assist our account management team on artwork processing. This position will be responsible for creating proofs for all promotional product orders, as well as creating graphic designs based on client requests.
Design and production is a key factor in making a promotional product purchase successful, and the graphic designer will be a key factor in all of our sales.
We are seeking a part-time employee with a 4-5 hours per day, with a totally weekly schedule of 20-25 hour per week.
The purpose of the graphic design position is to create all proofs for the Magellan Promotions’ account management team. On a weekly basis, the graphic designer would create an estimated 30-50 proofs for promotional product orders. This process includes:
- Laying out client-provided artwork on template that reflects item color, size, etc.
- Accurately relaying design-related production information to clients when necessary
- Sending proofs to clients for approval or revisions
- Recording proofs in CRM system
While the primary responsibility of the graphic designer will be creating artwork proofs, there are also other client-based design opportunities that will be available as the position progresses, including:
- Recreating logos upon client request
- Creating unique designs for promotional items such as stickers, tshirts and more
The role will also get involved in marketing activities for Magellan Promotions, including:
- Creating marketing pieces
- Assisting with the building of content for the Magellan Promotions website
The graphic designer will work closely with members of the account management team, and will report to owner.
- Completed or pursuing a secondary degree in graphic design (bachelors or associates degrees are acceptable).
- Previous experience in a production-based graphic design role is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple graphic design requests simultaneously.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a small business or in a B2B environment is a plus.
- MS web experience is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
Fun Culture – We’re a pretty relaxed group at Magellan Promotions. We have a casual dress code, Friday happy hours, and more.
How to Apply – Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Title the e-mail “Graphic Designer – MP”.