The primary function of this role is to grow high potential and manage high performing clients in a given territory. This is achieved through providing helpful insights and creative solutions to their specific challenges.
This is a perfect position for someone who thrives off pushing themselves to meet goals, is competitive, curious, can pivot in the moment, is not afraid to ask hard questions, thinks strategically, and keeps themselves organized and on track.
The primary outcome of this role is to drive revenue by connecting with target clients and prospects to help them be successful in building and strengthening communities through using promo merch and our services.
This role’s core function is to understand the client’s challenges, take that information to create unique and pertinent solutions that will help them achieve their strategic goals and objectives. The role is to be a consultant, showing contacts how to improve promo merch deployment and share ideas of what is possible in unconsidered areas. It is a role where you are the expert in successfully integrating promo merch into marketing campaigns.
The current method most often deployed to be successful is to have consultations with targeted contacts. As our clients are nationwide, the bulk of these are done via Zoom. The activities for the consults break out into three main areas:
- Outreach – Follow, adjust and modify as needed an organized plan to outreach to targeted current and prospective contacts with the objective of setting up consultations.
- Meetings – Our meetings are insightful, informative and helpful to the contact. To achieve this, meetings break down into three steps:
- Prep: Set meeting goals, get any pre-meeting questions answered and review any past projects and conversations to help create creative and engaging solutions for the meeting.
- In Meeting: You are the meeting leader and responsible for presenting the solutions, are curious, ask pertinent questions and ensure the meeting goals are achieved.
- Post: Create a recommendations report for the client based on what was discussed in the meeting. And if possible, setting up a follow-up meeting to review the recommendations.
- Monitor Success – The Client Strategist will monitor and stay connected with contacts to monitor progress towards the meeting goals.
One key way we build new contacts and connect with current clients is through attending national and regional conferences (currently around 2-4 times a year). This role will attend the conferences and be involved in the planning and execution of the strategy. Other engagement opportunities will come through company-led webinars and events.
We have a shared revenue responsibility model at Magellan Promotions. While this role is charged with helping show contacts what is possible with promo merch, the Account Managers are the main contact for our contacts. They are responsible for creating proposals and getting a “yes” for each project, are the experts on the wide variety of promo merch options, and responsible for building strong partnerships. The Account Managers often attend the client meetings and are also responsible for growing their territories. Both roles are incentivized to share information and work together to capture the opportunities that will drive results.
Professional development opportunities will include attending conferences, webinars and information sessions.
Internally, this role may work on quarterly projects that advance the success of the position and the business. To increase company engagement, all team members are highly encouraged to participate on our culture teams.
This position will be located in the Milwaukee area but may work remotely on a consistent basis. The Client Strategist will report to the Captain of Magellan Promotions.
The success of this position is measured through the growth of the territory from previous year’s sales. This growth includes sales from both new and existing clients.
Over the course of the first 30 days, this role will be exposed to all parts of the business to start to get an understanding of what is important to the business and how we operate. In the first 90 days, this role will begin the process of learning how to be successful, including attending client meetings and taking part in learning sessions on who we target, why we do, the types of solutions we provide and how we present solutions. In addition, you will get a crash course in the most popular promo merch items to get a base understanding of the product lines. After the intensive 90 days, we will continue to provide training opportunities.
Qualifications and Attributes
A successful hire will have a history that includes:
- 3+ years of experience in an agency-related environment
- Strategizing and implementing a sales engagement plan
- Presenting creative and pertinent solutions to current and potential clients
- Exceeding measurable sales goals in a B2B environment.
The hired candidate will likely include these characteristics:
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinker
- Strategic and marketing/communication expertise
- Continuous learner
- Works well with others
- Degree in marketing or communications is preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Magellan Promotions offers a competitive salary and performance-related bonus.
The benefits at Magellan Promotions are set up with the employee in mind. We have a casual dress code, summer hours, paid volunteering time, flexible work hours and expectation of normal business hours (usually around 40 hours a week). We offer generous paid time off and do not expect staff to check email when they are on vacation. In addition, we offer health care (including dental and vision), paid parental leave, matching retirement plan, gym membership reimbursement, daycare subsidy, untimed bonuses, numerous paid holidays and more. Staff is the lifeblood of the organization and we are constantly tweaking and improving our benefit offerings to improve the employee experience.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Client Strategist – MP”. We look forward to hearing your interest in joining our team!